Maintenance Tips for your Washing Machine
Washing machines are one of the trusty work horses in the home. Researchers estimate that the average family of four does about 8 to 10 loads of laundry a week; that’s over 500 loads of laundry a year! With that much work, it’s important to be good to your washing machine. Here are some preventative maintenance tips you should perform to keep the work horse running happy:
- Did you know your washing machine lines should be replaced every 3-5 years? Each time the machine is turned on or off, the lines are contracting and expanding, which leads to eventual wear and tear. Replacing those line every 3 to 5 years will lead to a happier machine.
- Replacing your machine lines are as easy as replacing your outdoor hoses. But, please remember to make sure your water is shut off before you begin, and you are securing them with a wrench.
- If you have rubber hoses replace them with stainless steel braided hoses.
If the unexpected happens and your washing machine line springs a leak and causes water damage, know that your local SERVPRO is here to help.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today (731) 627-6251
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- How did you hear about SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City?
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City
SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.