Residential Fire Damage Tips
Fire damage is a traumatic and stressful experience for homeowners. At SERVPRO, we understand the importance of quickly and effectively restoring your home to its preloss condition after a fire. Here are some fire damage tips from our experts to help you through this difficult time.
- Safety First: Before entering your home, make sure it is safe to do so. Do not enter if the structure is unstable or if there is any visible damage.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the fire and begin the claims process.
- Secure the Property: Secure your property by boarding up any damaged windows or doors to prevent further damage or theft.
- Salvage What You Can: If it is safe to do so, try to salvage any personal belongings that have not been damaged by the fire.
- Call a Professional: Contact a professional fire damage restoration company like SERVPRO to assess the damage and develop a plan for restoration.
- Document the Damage: Take photos of the damage for your insurance company and for your records.
- Follow the Restoration Plan: Follow the restoration plan provided by your professional restoration company to ensure a timely and effective restoration process.