Keep Mold Out With SERVPRO Pack-Outs!
Not only does SERVPRO provide fire and water restoration services for damages to your home or business, but SERVPRO provides customers with content restoration as well! After a water loss of any size, there is a greater risk for mold growth to develop the longer belongings remain wet or located in damp environments! After a fire loss, soot and smoke can also seep into your upholstery, drapes, and wood furniture, leaving an offensive odor. This is why SERVPRO provides pack-outs and pack-backs for customers with damaged contents.
Several factors go into pack-outs. They are scheduled depending on the type of loss, the number of contents affected, and amount of areas affected in a home or business.
During a Professional SERVPRO Pack-Out, contents are carefully...
- The customer’s contents are examined for offensive smells, water stains, and signs of mold growth. Water losses that occur during the winter cause materials to appear cold, but in reality, they are typically soaked. Identifying the item's level of damage is important for selecting the proper restoration method. This process is necessary for insurance agencies as well.
- Damaged contents are sorted based on non-salvageable and potentially salvageable standards. Belongings that were untouched by the disaster are separated as well.
- Documented & Tagged
- For proper inventory tracking and transportation, all contents are photo-documented. Once they have been examined, they are sorted and tagged.
- All items are carefully packaged in boxes and wrapped for protection.
- Transported Or Stored
- The packaged contents are transported to the warehouse, or stored in pods. Typically, pods are used upon a customer's request for quick access to possessions during the restoration and construction process, or for insurance purposes. They are also chosen for alternative storage when a homeowner's damages are minimal and restoration work can be accomplished on site.
- All potentially salvageable items are transported back to the warehouse to be professionally cleaned and restored to preloss condition in most cases. Contents with odors are placed in the ozone room until offensive odors are removed.
- After the customer’s contents are properly cleaned, they are stored either in the warehouse or in pods until mitigation, remediation, or reconstruction is completed.
- Pack-Backs occur when SERVPRO professionals return items to the job site, or back to the homeowner or business owners. In many cases, items are returned after all restoration and construction have been completed.