Get ready for winter weather
Are you ready if winter strikes at your home, business, or church?
We want you to keep the holidays merry and bright and your property safe. But what happens if disaster does strike during the most wonderful time of year?
As much as we love snow and a hot chocolate by the window, winter could bring freezing rain, sleet, winds and other conditions that could cause serious and costly damage to your property. Our suggestion? Be prepared to face winter weather.
Before colder weather hits, why don’t you think about taking these precautionary measures to protect your property?
- Check your property for branches that could fall in case of wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow. They could cause damage to your property and potentially injuries to your family members.
- Your roofs, water pipes, and gutters must be clear. Gutter waterspouts should be directed away from your building. Make sure they are free from branches or leaves from this fall. It’s important you verify that there is a proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Check your handrails, stairwells, and entryways to prevent slippery incidents from happening. Putting mats in those areas could be a great help.
- Allow water to drip through your pipes when temperatures drop below freezing. If the pipes are under a cabinet, leaving the cabinet doors open will prevent the pipes from freezing as they are in contact with the warm air from inside the house. If you have outdoor faucets, you could shut the water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
Tell your local church or business that SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City can complete an Emergency READY Profile® (ERP) for free. The ERP would provide them with a plan to get back in business fast following a disaster. When winter weather strikes, call your local SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City to strike back.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 731) 627-6251
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City
SERVPRO of Dyersburg/Union City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.